I’ve always thought that only grandfathers or grey old men drank stout…. but i’ve discovered that it’s not all true. I have a lovely friend who just opened up a new chocolate shop in Brisbane and one of her flavours that she’s concocted is a guinness stout chocolate truffle… That gave me such a light bulb moment that I had to try this recipe. It’s a very basic recipe and feel free to add in some favorite nuts or fruit like cherries or raspberries if you want. You’ve gotta love it too!!!!!
- 7 egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of guinness stout
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 2/3 cup of cocoa powder
- Line an 8″ square tin with parchment paper . This helps to get it out of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together. Add the stout and whisk it in till combined then add the flour and cocoa into the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the brownie mix in the pan and bake for about 30 mins.
- Use a toothpick to test inserted in the middle of the tin and it should come out with just couple of moist crumbs attached to it.
Let the brownies cool completely before removing it from the tin as it will be quite soft. Serve with your favorite ice cream or on its own