Summer is finally here, and you know what that means! Fruit! All the fruit, all the time. We love baking with fruit. It is delicious and helps convince us that eating 7 cupcakes in a row isn’t so bad because they have fruit in them. One of our favorite fruits to bake with is strawberries. They are so easy to work with and they add the perfect summery flavor to your desserts. These strawberry cupcakes were a huge hit, and people are already asking for more. We found this recipe on Life Love and Sugar, and we will definitely be using it again.
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
1 2/3 C flour
1 C sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 C salted butter, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C + 1/8 C milk
3/4 C chopped strawberries
Ingredients for Frosting:
1 C salted butter
4 C powdered sugar
6 tbsp strawberry puree
1 tbsp water or milk, if needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in large bowl.
3. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and milk and beat until smooth.
4. Fold in strawberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.
7. Prepare icing while cupcakes are cooling.
8. Beat butter until creamy and smooth.
9. Slowly add in 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
10. Mix in strawberry puree.
11. Add the rest of the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.
12. Add water or milk if you wish to loosen up the frosting.