I am actually really impressed with this shortbread recipe! It tastes so good and buttery, just as shortbread should. The dough is also very easy to handle, making it a good recipe for cut-out cookies, my favorite!
Not only is it easy to work with, but with only four ingredients, this is the fastest recipe ever, and is definitely going to be one of my go-to’s for the holidays!
- 2 1/4 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor (I use the appliance from the brand Ninja), combine all dry ingredients and blend for a few seconds.
- Add the honey and ghee and pulse a few times until wet crumbles form.
- With a spoon, scoop the dough into a ball and place it between two sheets of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1/2 in. thick disk.
- Cut into small squares or circles, if you like, or use cookie cutters to achieve a desired shape for the holidays (I used a pumpkin shaped one).
- With a spatula, carefully place the cookies onto the baking sheet, one by one.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden-brown.
- After baking, let cool completely and store in an air-tight container (or bag) in the refrigerator.