Hey, only one week until Halloween! That means we still have time for more halloween treats!
Yesterday I made this Hazelnut Banana Bread, the funny thing is that the first time I made it, it was actually a cupcake recipe, but I forgot to add the butter lol. It has turned out quite good! I like eating this bread with peanut butter or alone. Make sure to cut thin slices and toast them.(This recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free.)
*Obviously, you can substitute the hazelnuts for another type of nut if you wish, maybe pecans?*
- 3 cups oat flour
- 5 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts (or any other nut)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulse the hazelnuts until they are like small chunks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, hazelnuts, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together milk, egg yolks, bananas, and honey using an electric mixer.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan, lined at the bottom with parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes (make sure to stick a toothpick into the bread every once in a while to check if it is ready).
- Slice thinly and toast before serving.