Gluten free breadsticks that are full of flavour. Tomato, basil and feta cheese – Mediterranean flavours that everybody will love!
- 2 teaspoons gluten free dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl add lukewarm water and yeast, stir and let it sit for 5 minutes until foam appears.
- Add egg, tomato paste, basil and feta and beat until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, add salt, almond meal and tapioca starch, stir to combine and set aside until need.
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Blend with a rubber spatula, cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 30 minutes. The dough might be a little on the wet side, but this is not a problem.
- Preheat oven at 425F, line parchment paper in a sheet tray. Take about a tablespoon and a half of dough and form it into a log. Place it on the tray and continue with rest of the dough.
- Brush some olive oil on top and bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown.