- 5.6 oz (160 grams) all purpose flour
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) chilled butter, cut in small cubes
- 2.3 oz (65 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 8.8 oz (250 grams) milk chocolate
To make the cookie:
- In a food processor, add the flour and chilled butter. Mix until flour looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, orange zest and egg and mix until dough looks like a little bowl, without sticking in the wall of food processor.
- Wrap dough in food membrane and chill for about 1 hour.
- To bake, preheat oven at 350 F (180 C) and line perchament paper in a cookie sheet. Roll the dough to 0.11 inches (3mm) thickness o n a lightly floured surface. Cut out the cookies using the cookie stamps and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake approxiamtey 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a bain-marie (double boiler). Stir until chocolate is melted and remove from heat.
- Using a teaspoons fill in the moulds until they’re full. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then place in the fridge until hardened.
- Once hard, gently remove chocolate toppings and trim with a knife. Repeat the process until you have enough toppings for all the cookies.
- To attach chocolate to the cookie, simply take some of the melted chocolate and spread it on top of the cookie and press the chocolate toppings on top.