Enjoy these little beauties with a cup of tea,coffee or a glass of milk,like my daughter did. You can even pack them in a little bag or a tin box like I did and gift them to your loved ones.
- 4 eggs,room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 4.8 oz sugar (138 grams)
- 4.4 oz (125 grams) gluten free baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder(gluten free)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lavender
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5.2 oz. (150 grams) butter,melted and kept warm
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: gluten free flour,baking powder,salt and lavender. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl,beat eggs and egg yolks with a hand mixer,add sugar and beat until mixture gets a little bit frothy and pale.
- Add dry ingredients in the egg-sugar mixture. Then add orange zest and vanilla extract and beat until batter thoroughly incorporated.
- Add butter in a slow stream. When batter is done,cover it with a food oil and refrigerate it from 2-12 hours. You can refrigerate it overnight.
- When the time for baking comes,preheat the oven at 400F (200 C),grease the cold madeleine pan and dust it with gluten free flour. Scoop a tablespoon or so in each well,just enough to cover the 2/3 of the well.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes. Now,the sides will start baking but the middle all remain raw. Turn off the oven and wait for 2-3 minutes without opening the oven! After 2-3 minutes the center will be puffed,the turn on the oven at 370 F (190 C) and bake for additional 3-4 minutes,until golden brown.
- Remove madelein from each well and let them cool off on the side of the well. Dust with some powdered sugar.