Having such a beautiful fruit it would be a shame not to bake with it. So,I decide to make a cake out of it,with those little green sweet little fellas and the nutty flavor of the subtle almonds. The grapes are slightly soft while still remain crisp and refreshing burst of sweetness. For the cake,I used the recipe I use for cupcakes,slightly changed to fit in this recipe. My daughter loved the cake,and I had hard time making her stop,as usual!
- 2 eggs,room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest from a lemon
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grapes,seedless
- Preheat oven at 350 F (180C) and line parchment paper on 9×9 (23×23 cm) square pan. Set aside.
- Cut the big grapes in half or quarter. It depends how big the grapes are. Put them in a small bowl, add a tablespoon of rice flour to the grapes and mix until all grapes well coated.
- In a medium bowl,using a hand mixer beat together eggs and sugar for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Add olive oil,yogurt,zest,vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and whisk until well incorporate.
- Add the grapes in the batter and blend with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the pan,insert few grapes on top and bake for 17-18 minutes.
- Dust some powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!