Soft and buttery cookies with grand marnier and coconut,perfect for your tea, coffee or glass of milk.
- 1 cup (346 grams) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, plus some extra for rolling
- 3 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 tablespoons Raw Sugar or Demerara Sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, coconut butter, cane and confectioners sugar, sea salt and vanilla extract. Mix on medium until smooth (not fluffy), stopping to scrape bowl at least once.
- Add the Grand Marnier and mix again on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the shredded coconut, gluten-free flour all at once, pulse to start, then mix on medium until the dough forms somewhat of a ball on the paddle and have pulled away from sides of the bowl.
- On a floured work surface, dump out the dough and divide in half. Shape each clump into a log, 2″ (5cm) thick, gently rolling and adding flour as needed so it won’t stick to you or the work surface. If the log becomes hollow, condition the dough by pinching it closed and reroll into a log.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Carefully place in refrigerator on a flat surface for at least two hours or up to two days.
- At this point, the dough can be frozen for up to two months. Be sure to double wrap the logs if freezing.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the log(s) from the refrigerator, unwrap it and using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of egg white all over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the log with raw sugar and shredded coconut, rolling it as needed to cover the surface areas.
- Using a knife, firmly cut the cookies 1/2″ (1 1/4 cm) thick. Place on sheet pan with at least 1″ (2 1/2 cm) between cookies. Place back in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (do not skip this step or the cookies will spread).
- Bake cookies for 25-27 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.