Indulge in a fluffy, fruity, moist and exotic piña colada cake made with fresh pineapple, coconut and rum!
2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- zest of an orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup finely diced pineapple, fresh or canned (if using canned, drain pineapple)
For the glaze:
- 5 oz. (140 grams) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease a bundt cake pan and dust with flour. Toss excess flour and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add gluten free all purpose flour, almond flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar for 2 minutes until mixture becomes pale.
- Add coconut oil, yogurt, orange zest, vanilla extract, rum, pineapple and whisk again.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet mixture and whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for 10-15 minutes and take it out of the pan. Let it cool down completely before you glaze it.
To make the glaze:
Stir all ingredients in a small bowl and pour over cake.