500grams of bread flour
40grams of wholewheat flour
300grams of active starter
360grams of water
13grams of salt
1) Mix flour and water in a bowl and autolyse for 1 hour (this would make the kneading a lot easier).
2) Add salt and active starter in and begin to hand knead for 15-20mins (slap and fold method).
3) Transfer the dough into a clean, oiled bowl and proof for 1.5 hours or till double in size.
4) Tip the dough on to a work surface and divide into 7 equal parts. Make sure your work surface is well floured.
5) Preshape into small balls and allow for 20mins bench rest.
6) Shape into baguettes and final proof on a couche cloth for 20-30 mins. *if the dough gets sticky during shaping, make sure you flour more.
7) Transfer 3 to 4 doughs onto a peel and bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes @240deg. For best results, i would have a tray at the bottom of the oven which i pour boiling water in to create a steamed environment.