This banana bread is a favorite of ours. It is incredibly moist from the coconut flakes and coconut oil. It is dairy-free and refined sugar-free, sweetened only with maple syrup. And it is grain-free made from a blend of arrowroot powder, almond and buckwheat flours. Best part of all, it is delicious. This dark, rich loaf chock full of protein and healthy fats is the banana bread most requested in our house. Try it and you will love it.
For more recipes, check out my website at https://www.myberkeleykitchen.com
Dairy-free, Refined-Sugar Free, Grain-Free
Adapted from Shauna Ahern, Food 52
- 1 cup almond flour( 100 grams)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder(60 grams)
- 6 1/2 tbs buckwheat flour(50 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- crushed slivered almonds, for sprinkling top of loaf
- Prepare a 1 pound loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, salt, shredded coconut, lemon zest and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another medium size mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle a generous amount of crushed slivered almonds on top.
- Bake until the banana bread is springy to the touch and the edges are pulling away from the pan. The top will be browned about 40-50 minutes. Check early as all ovens bake at different speeds.