This cake has quickly become a firm favourite in our house! So easy to make and very delicious!
130g plain flour
150g sugar plus 1/2 tbsp
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g plums, stoned, washed and chopped into small chunks
- Start by making the crumble. Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then mix in the flour. Stop mixing as soon as it comes together in small clumps. Put to one side while you make the rest of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan assisted) and grease and line a 18cm cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well in between.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the cake mix and fold everything together.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again until everything is well combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and level the surface.
- Evenly place the plum pieces over the top of the cake, leaving a small gap around the edge. Sprinkle the 1/2 tbsp sugar over the top of the plums.
- Finally, sprinkle over the crumble.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with a sprinkling of icing sugar.