I think I prefer Easter baking to Christmas baking. My sister and I are quite excited about it this year, I am heading back home for Easter so we have a few things planned! Tim was in England with work this week so I asked him to bring me back some mini eggs so I could get a bit of a head start on the Easter baking!
The great thing about this recipe is you can use whatever your favourite Easter chocolate is. If I had had some creme eggs to hand I would definitely have chopped up a few and put them in!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. The end result didn’t last long in our house!
Easter Rocky Road Recipe
- 200g dark chocolate
- 80g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g Digestive biscuits, blitzed or crushed into crumbs
- 225g of your favourite Easter chocolate… mini eggs, creme eggs you name it! If they are bigger than a mini egg I would recommend cutting them into smaller pieces
- 200g milk chocolate
- a small handful of crushed mini eggs to decorate
- In a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of boiling water, melt the dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup together.
- Once melted, take off the heat and stir in the crushed Digestive biscuits.
- Add your Easter chocolate (chopped if necessary) and mix everything together.
- Pour into a lined 20cm tin. Push the mixture down and smooth the top.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a small bowl and then spread evenly over the rocky road mixture. Then sprinkle with the crushed mini eggs (or anything else you want).
- Chill for at least an hour or until completely set.
- Take out of the fridge and cut into small squares. Enjoy!