This recipe has quickly become a firm favourite in our house and is really easy to make! Chocolate brownie mixture dotted with milk chocolate chunks, topped with a smooth dark chocolate ganache. As this cake is best eaten straight from the fridge, it gives the whole thing a super fudgy texture!
If you give this or any of my other recipes a go, I would love to hear what you think!
A Recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 300g dark chocolate
- 220g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 225g brown sugar
- 80g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
For the ganache
- 100g cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan assisted oven). Grease and line a 18cm spring form cake tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Once melted allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and milk chocolate until well combined.
- Pour into a lined baking tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking in the oven, make the ganache.
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Allow to simmer for 1 minute. Then take off the heat and allow to cool for another minute.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place into a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has completely melted and you have a smooth glossy mixture. Put to one side.
- After the cake has been in the oven for 40 minutes, it should be set on the outside and on the top but still be soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool in the cake tin until it is just warm. Pour the ganache over the top and smooth over the top of the cake.
- Place in the fridge and leave to set overnight.