Brownies are probably the thing that disappears the quickest when I bake at home. I also love how versatile brownies are. Once you have a basic recipe you add such a wide variety of things to it! I have seen pictures of “Brookies” floating around Pinterest for a long time and decided it was time to give it a go!
- 300g dark chocolate
- 220g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 225g brown sugar
- 80g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 400g cookie dough (around half of my triple chocolate cookie recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Mix in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and milk chocolate until well combined.
- Pour into a lined baking tin and level the surface.
- Break the cookie dough into small pieces and scatter over the top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes but make sure you check that the cookie pieces don’t brown too quickly, I covered mine with tin foil after 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting.