Seriously sweet and chocolatey but delicious! Caramel and Daim cupcakes!
- 125g butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170ml buttermilk
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 large Daim bars, roughly chopped
- 1 quantity of Chocolate Buttercream recipe
- 1 Quantity of Salted Caramel recipe (I left out the salt for this recipe)
- 1 Daim bar, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan assisted).
- Put 12 large cupcake cases into a cupcake tin.
- In a free standing or using a handheld mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between each addition.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients and gently fold together until everything is well combined.
- Finally, stir in the buttermilk and Daim pieces.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcakes cases, the cases should be around 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, using an apple corer, cut out the middle of the cupcakes, but make sure you don’t cut all the way through to the bottom.
- Spoon the caramel into each hole, you need to make sure the caramel has thickened otherwise it will just soak into the sponge.
- Finally, decorate with buttercream and the remaining Daim pieces and a drizzle of caramel!