Pumpkin spice is the classic fall flavour and one of my favourites. I’ve just recently started baking donuts and I knew with fall coming I wanted to bake some delicious treats for the season. With the taste of cinnamon sugar and pumpkin it’s perfect.
- 1 cup + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pie puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Grease a donut pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, melted butter, and milk. Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture – don’t over mix!
- Spoon mixture into prepared donut pan, and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the donuts spring back when lightly pressed. Allow donuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire wrack to cool for a few more minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter for the cinnamon sugar coating; set aside. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- Once the donuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the melted butter, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture; repeat until all donuts have been covered.