Soft, delicious powdered sugar mini donuts. I made these donuts for an engagement party. I made the diamonds at home on cardstock paper. I was so excited to make these because they are so adorable and perfect for an engagement party, bridal shower or wedding.
For the donuts
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for dusting baked donuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease donut pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (cake flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt). Stir until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter and heavy cream.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; stir until just mixed.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the greased donut pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 12-14 minutes, or until donuts begin to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let donuts cool in the pan.
Place powdered sugar in paper bag. Once donuts have cooled, shake donuts (one at a time) in the bag with the powdered sugar until well coated. Tap off any excess powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining donuts. Serve immediately. (Note: If you plan on serving these donuts later, store them uncoated in an air-tight container. Shake them in powdered sugar just before serving.)