These super easy and delicious chocolate donuts are perfect for when you have a chocolate craving. I’ve made these donuts so many times with adding different toppings on top. whether it’s sprinkles or oreos or kit kat pieces with a variety of icing flavours. I made these specific mini donuts with the youth I work with at a group home, I have combined my two passions which are baking and working with at risk youth. teaching youth the basic skills of baking and decorating.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients, then gently pour them into the dry ones. Fold ingredients together until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan, and bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Be careful not to over bake here!
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a doughnut pan to cool completely.