This wee brownie has the perfect amount of sweetness, chocolatey-ness and fudge-ness and out of the mouth of Miss I- “It makes your tummy happy!”. So, what are you waiting for? Lets get cracking.
What you’ll need
– 30g cacao powder or cocoa powder if you have that on hand
– 220g homemade or unsweetened apple sauce/puree (I used baby apple puree!)
– 120g self raising flour (gluten free will work well too)
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 80g caster sugar
– 90g dark compound chocolate chips
– 70g walnuts
– icing sugar for dusting
What to do
– Preheat your oven to 175 degrees c (155 fan force) and grease and line a 20cm by 20cm square tin with baking paper.
– Grab a large bowl and pour in your apple puree/sauce. Sift in the cacao or cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. Add in the sugar and salt and mix with a spoon until just combined then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
– Pour the mix into your tin and into the oven it goes for 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is popped in the middle.
– Cool for 10-15 in the pan then remove and pop onto a wire rack to finish off the cooling process. Dust with icing sugar then cut into squares, pop one in your mouth and savour that deliciousness! IF you have left overs (which you won’t because its so bloody good!), store in an airtight container and it will keep for a few days.