After spending part of my summer holidays between Denmark and Norway, where I’ve been eating the freshest seafood ever, I’m doing my best to recreate those typical flavours at home!
I’m already growing dill at home, and I love using it to garnish my plates or to make herb mayonnaise… You’ll see it in this recipe, too!
And now, here’s to you my deviled eggs, which I like to serve as appetizer to my houseguests to quiet ’em when they’re hungry!
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 7 boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- Boil the eggs, remove the shells, then cut them in half lengthwise. With a spoon, pick up the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- In another small bowl, make an emulsion with mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour two tablespoons of emulsion over the yolks and work them with a fork, then add the rest of the emulsion and stir until creamy.
- Slice the salmon into very thin slices.
- Put a spoon of cream in the hollow of each half-egg, then a slice of salmon and garnish with pepper and dill.