Mould hell. My poor starter has seen better days before. Days 4, 5 & 6 are pretty much similar.

Day 4 – not too bad a situation here
Day 4 – removed 4/5’s and added 75g rye flour, 100ml water
Day 5 is starting to see some yeasty bubbles
Day 5 – however we’ve got a mould attack!
Day 5 – removed the mould and 4/5’s, fresh jar and added 75g rye flour, 100ml water
Day 6 – more mould! 
Day 6 
Day 6 – mould removed and added 75g rye flour, 100ml water

I moved the starter to the dining room – slightly cooler part of the house. The kitchen has been very warm due to all the cooking we’ve been doing lately so fingers crossed for a cooler week.

If anyone, anyone at all has any tips, please comment below! I promise my past starters have not been this mouldy!!

MORE BAKELIFE