This vanilla granola simply reminds me of the one that I always buy from the supermarket! I used a mix of nuts that I have on hand which, together with the oats, are coated lightly with vanilla paste and sweetened minimally with maple syrup. Dried blueberries are tossed in at the end. The result? One of the best breakfast granola minus all the preservatives, artificial flavourings and sugars!
You can check out here for more breakfast ideas on the blog!
Makes about 8 servings
- 2 cups oats (any kind is fine, as long as it’s not instant)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (almond, peanut, pecan, hazelnut etc)
- ⅛ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon good-quality vanilla paste (extract can be used as an alternative)
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 150F / 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Combine all the ingredients except blueberries together in a mixing bowl. Scrape them onto the baking sheet and spread it out until the mixture is 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir with a spatula, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the dried blueberries.
- Let the granola cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or dunking them in milk or yogurt!