This is the perfect recipe when you want to get your sweet tooth fix without overdoing it.
Whether you’re having a dinner party of four, or you and another person don’t want to stop at just one-this is the perfect solution. I hate to waste food in my house… But I also don’t want to feel compelled to eat a dozen or more cupcakes so I don’t waste. Being a new Mom I’m supposed to be working off the pounds and not adding to!
This is a beautiful heavy white cake so if you want a lighter result I suggest that you sift your cake flour BEFORE measuring!
2 Egg Whites
4 TBSP Sugar
2 oz butter (melted and cooled)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C Cake Flour (feel free to sift before measuring)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 pinches of salt
3 TBSP milk or half and half
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and line pan with 4 cupcake liners.
2. Whisk egg whites and sugar in mixing bowl.
3. Stir in butter and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Add milk or half & half until combined.
6. Bake 12-14 min. (Clean Toothpick Test)
Allow to cool before frosting.
2 oz Butter (room temperature)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2-3 tsp Heavy Cream
1 C Confectioners Sugar
1. Whisk butter, vanilla, and cream.
2. Slowly add confectioners sugar until fully combined.
3. Pipe onto Cupcakes and decorate if you’d like!
I made these for a friend’s birthday and she was in love!
Thank you for reading. I look forward to writing more blogs on my baking adventures and sharing more recipes with you all.