So, in my house, we don’t eat much chocolate so I rarely get to bake with chocolate. But on occasion, it’s a must! So today I got into my kitchen and got hands on. Being that we aren’t huge chocolate lovers I had decided to off set the chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream that is so easy and lick the spatula good! Here’s an easy recipe if you’d like to make my chocolate chip stuffed chocolate cupcakes and vanilla buttercream.
Chocolate Chip Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once they are cooled completely you can go ahead and whip up your frosting and assemble.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3-4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- Whip butter for 1 minute adding 1 cup of sugar
- Add Vanilla and another cup of sugar, continue whipping
- Add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and slowly add sugar
- Feel free to add another tablespoon of heavy cream and sugar for desired consistency.
- Top your cupcakes and feel free to decorate! I used rainbow sprinkles to brighten them up!