Yet another one of my original recipes! This recipe was originally going to be a white chocolate mud cake but instead I settled with making it into a cupcake recipe! But of course this recipe can simply be made into a cake no problem!:) This one is all white chocolate and a real favourite with all my friends and family! I recently bought cute little pink and blue stripy cupcake cases and I think they add a gorgeous touch to these cupcakes! This is a really simple recipe and is beautifully moist!
- 150g White Chocolate
- 150g margarine/butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 150ml Milk
- 300g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 170g maragrine/butter
- 250g Icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp milk (if the buttercream is too thick)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl for about 2 minutes until pale, light and fluffy
- Once done beating, crack both eggs in one at a time and mix during each addition
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until all is combined
- Now melt your white chocolate over a stove or in the microwave. Once this is done you may add it to your mixture mixing on a low speed.
- After this you may add the flour about half of it
- Once you’ve added half of the flour add all of the milk in and beat
- So once all the milk is add you may then add the flour for the last step and remember to scrape down you bowl after all has been mixed!:)
- Next, spoon your mixture into your cupcake cases and put them in the oven. Bake them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, but make sure to check them every few minutes so they won’t burn!!
Method for buttercream:
- Beat the butter for 2 minutes until it lightens in colour and is pale
- After this slowly add the icing sugar about a half at a time and beating slowly
- Once all the icing sugar has been added, scrape down the bowl so all ingredients has been incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute
- If you want to you may add some melted white chocolate to the buttercream for taste.
- If your buttercream is too thick now would be a good time to add the milk!:)
I had fun making these treats and I hope you try this recipe out too!!:) Remember to follow me on Instagram and twitter @emmas_great_bakes for more sweet treats!! 🙂