Hello Bakers! It’s been a while since my last post and my only excuse is that I was extremely busy! But of course, I still baked during those busy times! I’m back with more cupcakes, cakes, desserts and more!
Pavlova is the perfect dessert in my opinion, for any occasion! How could you go wrong with a spongy base and creamy top with fruit and chocolate shavings?
- 6 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3-4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 drops vinegar
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking for a few seconds between each addition. Adding the sugar slowly helps to build up volume in the meringue and make it stiff and shiny.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and vinegar until well combined.
- Finally, add the cornflour and whisk on slow speed until combined
- Spoon the meringue into the circle and shape with the back of a serving spoon or rubber spatula to create a large meringue nest, with soft peaks rising on all sides.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 1 hour until very lightly coloured and crisp on the outside. (If the meringue seems to be becoming too brown, reduce the temperature of the oven). After 1 hour, turn the oven off and leave the meringue for a further hour.
- Decorate to your acquired taste!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe with friends and family! It’s the perfect dessert and almost always a winner!
Happy baking 🙂