So, I recently got back from Wales Llangollen Musical Festival! Our group won two world titles, 3rd in the world in dance and 2nd in the world in showcase. When I got home I decided to treat my self to Tanya Burr’s new cookbook ‘Tanya Bakes’, I bought it on amazon as there was a reasonable sale there.
I started of easy and made some Rocky Road. I know it sounds easy but Rocky Road is quite technical. Is it too soggy and wet? or too dry and crumbly. This recipe gives you beautiful decedent Rocky Road that is just right!
- 150g butter/maragrine
- 350g dark chocolate (you can use any chocolate for this but I find dark chocolate works really well!)
- 4tbsp golden syrups
- 250g biscuits (I used digestives and rich teas but you can use graham crackers)
- 150g mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar to dust
- 20cm square baking tin
1)Melt the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan on a low heat, stir until all is melted and there are no lumps
2) Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin!) Try to be left with big cookie chunks and crumbs too! It adds good texture and a nice crunch!
3) Pour the crushed biscuits into the chocolate mixture and stir well until all is combined
4) After this add in marshmallows and stir well using light folding motions
5). Pop the mixture into a lined baking tin and let it set in the fridge for 2 -3 hours or overnight.
6) Once your Rocky Road is all set, dust it with icing sugar and cut it into bars 😉
I added some twists to thee rocky roads by adding some oreos,chocolate buttons and some milkyway but you can do whatever you want! the world is your oyster with these yummy treats
For more bakes, make sure to check out my Instagram @emmas_great_bakes