Today I decided to get colourful with some funfetti cupcakes! I found a recipe online and altered it slightly to suit my requirements! This recipe is in cup measurements as I find they are easier to measure and fast! This recipe makes about 16 large cupcakes
2 cups plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup of good quality sprinkles
1) In a bowl of a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients, so the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix these together on low speed for 1 minute until all combined.
2) With the mixer on a low speed, add the butter, a few cubes at a time, continuing until all the butter has been added and the mixture resembles coarse sand.
3). Keeping the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl between additions:)
4) Slowly pour in the milk and vanilla and mix until all is combined.
5) Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, until batter is smooth, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
6) Then gently stir in the sprinkles using light folding motions
7) Fill the cupcake cases about two-thirds full (about ¼ cup of batter) and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the centers are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.:)
and Voila! This recipe is super simple and goes down a great treat for friends and family:)
Swiss Meringue Buttercream!
So, this was my first time making this beautiful swiss meringue buttercream and I’m so glad I took the time to make it! Though it only includes a few ingredients it is quite time consuming but worth it! I’m going to give you the recipe I followed and also my method!
Recipe (I only made 16 cupcakes so I decided to half the recipe) This recipe is in GRAMS
2 large egg whites
150 grams of caster sugar
200g chopped softened unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Separate your eggs placing the egg whites in a small pot or a bain marie.
2. Add the sugar and turn heat to low and whisk.
3. I whisked the whites and sugar until the sugar dissolved and it was no longer granular in texture
4. Once the sugar dissolved and the sugar granules had gone I put the whites and sugar into a large mixing bowl (I suggest using an electric beater for this)
5. Beat the mixture for about 10 mins until it increases in size
6. After this, you want to slowly add the butter one by one gradually into the mixture
7. Continue mixing for a further 3 minutes
8. Add some vanilla essence to give it a delicious flavour and Voila! your buttercream is complete!
I really love this buttercream and it can be used for almost everything! like cupcakes, layer cakes the lot!
For more treats check out my instagram @emmas_great_bakes https://www.instagram.com/p/BHNQ4pkhlBG/?taken-by=emmas_great_bakes&hl=en