I decided to try out this chocolate brownie cake recipe from Tanya Burr’s new cookbook ‘Tanya Bakes‘. It looked like a really cool recipe to experiment with! I have to say it’s such a great idea to have a brownie in cake form, believe me!
This recipe and method is super simple and you can make this cake your own by adding different kinds of ingredients and chocolate etc.
- 175g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100g of milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Icing sugar (to decorate)
- 100g butter/margarine
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C / 325 degrees and grease the cake tin with butter.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and place in a medium pan. Add the butter and sugar and melt over a low heat, stirring until fully combined. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs, then mix into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes until a skewer poked into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Mine actually took about 45 mins until the skewer came out clean so I guess it varies.
- Cool in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then dust generously with icing sugar before cuffing into slices.
Now enjoy a deliciously warm, melt in your mouth slice of brownie cake. I really love this recipe, and it’s so tasty! It’s definitely one to add to your baking books 🙂
Happy Baking guys!!