So, I’m no stranger to baking! I have an Instagram that I set up a few years ago all dedicated to baking (@emmas_great_bakes) This is my first time blogging on Bakelife and I really like the idea of sharing baking creations with people all over the world! Please make sure to follow my Instagram to see all my other bakes!
These are my famous chewy double chocolate chip cookies (what a mouthful) My friends and family really love these cookies! I made the recipe up myself and it’s super quick and easy!
1 large egg
270g self raising flour
70g Cocoa powder
1tsp vanilla extract,
White and dark chocolate chips of your choice!
1) Firstly, set your oven on to 200 degrees celsius
2) Next, Cream together your butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, you could use a stand mixer, an electric whisk or even a good old wooden spoon!
3) After the butter and sugar have been creamed and are looking lovely, light and fluffy, add in your egg
4) Stir in all the dry ingredients, the flour and cocoa powder,half at a time
5) Keep mixing until all dry ingredients are added
6) If your mixture is looking very dry now would be a good time to add the milk
7) Break up all of your chocolate and folding it into the dough!
8) Line 2 trays with baking paper (the cookies will spread in the oven so don’t place them close together)
9)Using your hands (make sure to wash them!) pick up 10 small handfuls of cookie dough and place them onto your trays
10) Place them into the oven for 11 minutes – I’ve have found this to be the perfect baking time. When you get them out they will not look cooked, it is vital you know this, as it will be very tempting to leave them in for longer and then they’ll be hard and overcooked once they are cool. Just take your cookies out after 11 minutes and enjoy!!
This link will bring you to my baking Instagram 🙂