1. Ingredients should all be at room temperature before blending.
2. Do not blend the cake batter and the frosting too much. Low speed for batter. High speed for frosting.
3. Use 1 egg and 2 egg yolks instead of 1 egg for extra softness.
4. Ratio for fats is 1:1 for butter and vegetable oil for extra moisture.
5. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of yogurt for all recipes for extra moisture.
6. Do not open the oven door when it is baking.
7. Preheat fan oven to 140C. When baking, 170C for 6mins. The remaining mins will be 160C. Bake for 20mins to 25mins in total.
8. Butter for frosting must be cold and hard due to Singapore’s climate from my personal experiences. (Applies to you if you live in a hot and humid climate)
9. Use paddle attachment to mix cake batter and buttercream. Use whisk attachment for meringues.