Chewy, crisp and spiked with cinnamon, these cookies are one of my favourite treats! For some, an oatmeal cookie is great with some juicy raisins, but I like to add slivered almonds and walnuts in the mix as well! These cookies are great as a snack with a glass of cold milk.
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of each: raisins, slivered almonds, walnuts, chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and oats and mix on low speed until incorporated well. Stir in the optional ingredients (raisins, slivered almonds, walnuts, and chocolate chips).
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.